Car Rider & Bus Transportation Information
School begins at 8:15 A.M. Students are not allowed in the building until 7:55 A.M., unless they are enrolled in Before Care. Supervision is not provided before 7:55 A.M. Parents who drive their children to school must get into the carpool line on F. Edward Hebert Blvd. At 7:55 the carpool line for BCP will proceed past Belle Chasse Elementary (BCE) and follow the driveway to the carpool loop in the back of BCP. The children will be unloaded by BCP staff. Cars are not allowed in the front horseshoe driveway of BCE or in the bus driveway at BCP during take-in. If a child arrives after 8:15 he or she is tardy and a parent must walk the child into the office to check the child into school. After 8:15, follow the carpool driveway past the playground to the front of BCP to check your child in to the office.
- Morning and afternoon carpool lines begin on F. Edward Hebert. Please proceed to the end of the line, do not cut in front of other cars waiting in line. Follow directions of the crossing guard on duty.
- In the morning at 7:55, the duty teacher will signal for the car line to pull around. In the afternoon, a teacher will signal for the line to start when dismissal begins at 3:15. The BCP carpool line will proceed past BCE, remaining in the right lane of the driveway. There is NO PASSING allowed in the carpool lane. Families that have both BCP and BCE students will drop off their BCE student with the duty person stationed at the corner of the BCE cafeteria and then continue to follow the line to the BCP carpool loop. Please do not pass BCE carpool cars.
- Stay in your car at all times and drive around until the duty teacher informs you to stop. Cars will enter the carpool loop by the Head Start building.
- For your child’s safety, please do not drop off your child until a teacher is on duty. Please have your student ready to quickly exit the car on the driver’s side of the car. Students should be seated in the backseat of the car.
- Our carpool line is within the school zone and is considered a “HANDS FREE DEVICE ZONE”. This means you cannot use your cell phone using your hands once the carpool line begins.
- Do not park your car in the parking lot, in front of the school, or any other place on campus to walk your child to and from school. Students are to be dropped off only in the carpool line.
- All students MUST be picked up by 3:30. If you cannot pick up by 3:30, register your child for after-school care.
- If you need your child earlier than 3:15 for an appointment, please keep in mind that you must check your child out of school before 2:45 p.m. Checkouts take place through the office, and CHECKOUTS are not allowed AFTER 2:45 p.m.
- If your child is tardy, you must accompany your child to the office using the front door of the building.
TRANSPORTATION PLAN The goal of the Plaquemines Parish School Board Transportation Department is to provide safe transportation to and from school. Students will be picked up and dropped off at the nearest stop to their address of record or an address approved by school officials as per the student’s transportation plan. Every student must have a transportation plan completed at the beginning of the school year to establish permanent pick up and drop off locations. Changes to the transportation plan must be made in person in the school office. In the event of an extreme emergency, contact the school office to make transportation arrangements.